photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Healthy Red Pepper Pasta

I've noticed that nearly all of the food I put on this blog is quite naughty…

It's funny that I tend to relate tasty to unhealthy. The truth is that in our home we actually eat quite healthy. I'm not talking "raw diet" healthy, but healthy none-the-less.

This is a family favorite. James loves it, I love it, the kids love (most) of it.
I think you will appreciate the ease of this dish as well.
From start to finish 30 minutes or less!

Delish!



Skinny Roasted Pepper, Zucchini & Feta Penne

1 lb Whole Wheat Penne
1 large red pepper
1 large yellow pepper
2 small zucchinis
1/2 can of olives, diced
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
6oz Feta Cheese
Olive Oil (to taste)
Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Slice your veggies lengthwise and thinly and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler in your oven and cook for about 10 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile cook you pasta.

In a small saucepan heat up 1tsp of olive oil and add garlic, olives, and tomato and heat on low until pasta is done cooking.

When veggies are done cooking slice the up and toss them in with the pasta, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste (I think we use about 1/8 cup each). Toss is all together and serve!

Yum! Yum! Yum!

You can also grill the veggies instead of roasting them in the oven. It's so delicious either way! Add chicken too. It's quite versatile and quite delicious!

Enjoy a guilt free dinner for the whole family!




6 comments:

Jamie W said...

Delicious! I think I'll make this this weekend! :) Thank you.

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

This looks so good! I a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole

The Norvells said...

You made this for us when it was just JoJox2 ;). Yummy!

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy and colorful!

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

I love all the flavors! I would love for you to share it at All My Bloggy Friends this week! I hope to see you there! Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes

Natashalh said...

This looks great! People to usually associate tasty with unhealthy, but it totally doesn't have to be that way! Pinning this tasty pasta so I don't loose track of it =)

Natashalh