photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, May 20, 2013

Iron Sharpens Iron

I have had an emotional 4 weeks.
I'm not used to this.

I'm not really an emotional woman, really. I hate to cry in public and I feel like I've been crying all over the place.

I've learned of a lot of tragedy, a lot of drama, and a lot of failed marriages.

God has also been putting me through the ringer. He's been pushing, prodding, and nudging me to guard my big fat mouth words.


I have a tendency to say things for humorous reasons that turn out to be hurtful. I don't think about how others will perceive my "humor". When it comes to relating to women I can really be hurtful. Most recently one of my best girlfriends came to me hurt. I had hurt her, multiple times. I was poking fun at a sensitive area in her life, and didn't even realize it until she told me.

This moment really defined our friendship. I was so upset, crying (again) as she told me how I had hurt her. But God was using her to reveal a part of my life that God wanted to work on. To be honest, this wasn't the first time I felt God telling me to shut my mouth. It had been a theme lately. James was bringing it to my attention, church, MOPS…you name it…I was hearing God loud and clear. I was just ignoring him.
Proverbs 21:23
Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.
When she came to me and told me this I knew God was using her to sharpen my character. It was not fun. It was not pretty. But when iron is being sharpened there's always a few sparks.
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.
I am so glad that I have friends and family in my life who come to me in love, to call me out on my junk. I am grateful that she didn't just allow our friendship to end.  I can tell you that it was a huge moment for me as well. I learned that I can't just say whatever I want in order to get a laugh. I need to be more considerate. Lets be honest, I need to grow up. I'm not Tina Fey, and I am definitely not a comedian. Just a flawed woman, who God is changing for the better. I am so glad I have grace. What would I do without it?!? Thank God for godly friendships, they can get me through even the most difficult situations!


With that said….
Happy Monday!

Follow me @ BlogLovin

No comments: