photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WIW: Kentucky Derby Style

It is a tradition that James and I attend my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's Annual Kentucky Derby party.
We don't bet, but James loves to go for the BBQ and I love to get dressed up.
Would you believe it if I told you that my entire outfit was FREE?

 Seriously….FREE.
We had a fashion exchange (so much fun!) Where each person brought 10 items and then we all just swapped. I scored this shirt and bracelet out of it. The KD party was the perfect place to wear that bright floral print.
The shoes were my mom's. Seriously…I love her shoes. And the hat and skirt were  hand-me-downs.
I love free clothes!



I have decided that taking fashion pics is SO uncomfortable….
can you tell by my ridiculously awkward poses??


And I know my hat isn't that festive. But I hate wearing hats. So this is what you get.
So what about you? Do you ever get dolled up for a party?

And I'd love tips on making my hats a bit more fun!

And don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin!

6 comments:

angela hodges abode said...

That issuch a cute outfit! I'm hosting a new linky party at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/efforts-and-assets-linky-party-1.html

I would love to have you!
Angela

Shannon @ 2ndstorysewing.com said...

That top looks great on you :)

Allison said...

adorable-perfect horse races outfit! I live in a huge horse town in South Carolina, and I love the style at the races more than the horses! Looks like we have a lot in common after reading your about me section. I just had my second little one (15 months apart) and I can't wait to have more! God bless-look forward to reading more-)

Shannon said...

You're disgustingly pretty.

Unknown said...

The best way to attend the Kentucky Derby is to purchase a package that includes your tickets to the Derby and Oaks (upgrades available), Airport Transfers, Hotel Accommodations, Hospitality access, a free gift and much more.Kentucky Derby Travel Packages

Joe Blow said...

Just jacked off to these pictures