photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Monday, May 5, 2014

Feta, Lime & Bacon Salad

In this house we eat a lot of salads. At least one night a week we will eat it as our dinner, and I eat one nearly every day for lunch. I really, really, really heart them.

I've had to come up with "man pleasing" salads in order to get James to really come to love them too. I thought I might share my wealth of delicious salad ideas with you too!

Today I'll share my new obsession the Feta, Lime & Bacon salad.


Ingredients:
2 heads Butter Lettuce
10 Cherry Tomatos, halved
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1 cup Frozen Corn
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
1/2 cup Diced Bacon, or bacon bits
1 Avocado
3 Tbs Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
{Add 2 grilled chicken breasts for a really filling dinner)

I never measure anything so those amounts are really up to you. When I do 2 heads of the lettuce it will feed our entire family (5 eaters). Last night I added grilled chicken and it was SO amazing and really filling!
Just toss everything in a bowl and top with the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper. It is so so yummy!



This salad is so fresh tasting and has a really creamy texture despite not having a creamy dressing on top. It is light and tangy, and zesty. It's the perfect summer salad!

So there ya have it….I have literally eaten this salad every day for at least a week. I just can't get enough of it. But, like I said….I really love salads!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Seriously yummy! Just pinned that one. Feta and bacon, what more could you want?

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I have made a similar salad before and used this mediterranean feta mix (regular feta with some herbs and sun dried tomatoes) that my grocery store sells. So good! I also like your tip about adding chicken to make it a full meal. I do the same thing, or add some tortellini. Thanks for sharing!

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

Ooh yum, I love feta, and this looks great! Pinning this for sure, and I just wanted to let you know that I featured this on my blog this morning; thanks for sharing at the Creativity Unleashed link party!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

This looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing it at Monday Funday. Pinning to our board,