photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sisters


I just want to brag about my sister for a minute. She's awesome! When we were younger we didn't always get along the best. We are nearly 4 years apart, which can make a big difference when the "middle school" years roll around. But now...we're as close as two women can be. She can always find a way to uplift me, compliment me, encourage me, correct me, laugh with me, and, cry with me.




~Embracing the Camera with my niece who was having so much fun with me~



She is a new mom this year to a gorgeous baby girl, Abigail Elizabeth. I remember being a new mom for the first time and struggling to know which way was up. I'm so glad that I can be here to support her and be with her for this exciting time. And the best part of Rach having a baby within the same year I did is that our girls will have the opportunity to have a relationship like I do with my sister.




She is also an amazing Aunt. Dare I even say , the best Aunt. My kids love her! She is always more than willing to play with them, wake up early with them, and keep them entertained. She has come to rescue my sanity more times than I can begin to count. I can't even begin to imagine my life without her.




I love that I have another person to be raw with. I can share all my crazy with her and know she's going no where. I pray that one day Ella will get a sister she can totally rely on. Because of the relationship I have with my sister, it has become so important to me that James and I adopt one day. I believe that each girl needs a sister!


I sure am blessed to have mine!



Today I'm linking up with Emily for my "Embrace the Moment"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute pics. and you reminded me, I need to call my sister today!

Kristy said...

awww....this is SO SWEET and you are TOO cute!!!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love the pic of the two baby girls together. So sweet. Both you and your sis are beautiful!

jane said...

these are so sweet. I love your tag line for your blog. so blessed!

Wendy said...

I totally know what you mean about sisters! I so wish mine lived closer :)

Unknown said...

This post makes me want to call my sister! I love the closeness that comes with not only being a friend, but a family member :)

Pidg said...

New follower from Soleil Selene :) Love your blog! What a sweet, sweet post.