photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fajita & Feta Salad

I've said it before…I really love salads! 
I've decided to become more creative in how I dress them up.
My latest creation is a Fajita & Feta….yum…..yum….yum!
After Cinco De Mayo's fajitas I had some left over pepper, onions, mushrooms and pico de gallo. The fajita steak was gone, but I wanted to use up the delicious veggies (I can never let a veggie go to waste!).
I decided to throw them on top of a nice spring mix and voila….delicioso! (Do you like what I did there? With the spanish and all??)


To make it you'll need…

Arugala Spring Mix Lettuce Mix (Costco baby!)
Feta Cheese
Mushrooms, Red Peppers, Onion (cooked in a hot skillet with some oil)
Pico De Gallo (equal parts of tomato, red onion, and cilantro….drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper)
Juice of 1/2 lime
Drizzle of Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste



This would be so amazing with avocado and grilled chicken. If I were making this for dinner I would add some corn, grilled chicken, and avocado….that would really "beef" it up.


You should try it….seriously…make fajitas the night before and then make this the next day. You will thank me!

Yum Yum Yum….Delicioso! Sorry to go all Dora the Explorer on you.


No comments: