photo HOMEPAGE.png  photo ABOUT30.png  photo MILAJO.png  photo Unknown.png  photo ADOPTION30.png  photo OurHome.png

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Dear Ella

Dear Ella,

You are now 6 years old.


How, exactly, did that happen so quickly? I was snuggling on the couch, with my bald, baby girl, 2 seconds ago. Here you are, standing before us, a gorgeous, sweet, 6 year old. 

Honey, listen....



























You are kind.

You are capable.
You are strong.
You can do ANYTHING.
You are smart.
You are created in the image of an almighty God.
You are beautifully, and wonderfully made.
You can move mountains.

The world will try to stifle you. It will lie to you, and tell you that you are unworthy. It has done this to all of us. When you feel doubt, you ask me how valuable you are, and I will tell you. Open the scriptures, and let it tell you who you are.

This year has been full of changes for our family, and you have handled it with grace and joy. Change doesn't seem to bother you, although you do love a game plan.

You are my helper; my sidekick. Where I am, you want to be. Whatever I'm doing, you want to help. You joyfully offer to do chores. You will scrub a toilet and love every second of it.

You adore Caleb. It's quite a bond. While Josiah and Micah were blessed with a twin-like bond, you and Caleb have an amazing relationship as well. The two of you can't sleep without each other. And Caleb, MUST know where you are AT ALL TIMES.

You get along with everybody (minus some scuffles with Micah). You are eager to make new friends, and adore the ones you already have. And, you love fiercely.

You are so feminine. You love makeup, and dresses, and frills and sparkles. You love to draw, and doodle, and make artwork for all those you know. You love dancing, and twirling, and shaking that booty. You love to play with my hair, you love when I do your's. You want your nails always painted. You love to play dolls, and house. You love being a girl.


You are also athletic. You love sports (most recently, football). You love to race your brothers. You love to jump on the trampoline, and do speed drills with Daddy. You are competitive, and you are fast. You prefer your practical Nike's over your gladiator sandals. You love to play in the dirt, because being dirty doesn't bother you. You love to play games, any game, any time. You just love to keep your body moving. I can hardly keep you on the couch to watch TV.


You have an amazing sense of humor. You and Jo, twinsies. Your laugh is contagious, and your smile is perfection. Your favorite shows, are always humorous. You don't enjoy dramatic, or even remotely suspenseful stories. You want to laugh.


You say you are a "mamma's girl", but I think deep down, you're a daddy's girl. Nobody can make you laugh like he can. You would follow him anywhere, do anything, just to be with him. You love both of us so deeply, and you are so sensitive toward our feelings. Most recently, when I burned my arm, it was you who was bothered the most. You saying, "I can't see it. I don't want to see you hurt."


Oh, Ella, you are such a blessing to our family. How deeply I longed, and prayed for you. My girl. Thank God for you. You are a true gift. I pray that you will continue to love, and sparkle; just as you were created to do.



Forever and ever,
Mommy

No comments: